We enjoyed seeing everyone who came to the Launch Party for the Acton Children's Business Fair of Washington, DC Saturday!
We heard from four young entrepreneurs about their experiences as business owners:
- Danielle, 15, owner of Save the Moms, acknowledged that starting a business is scary and said that being part of the Acton Children’s Business Fair boosted her confidence.
- Kalimah, 13, founder of Dinkra Stylez, told us that one of the hardest parts of running her business is deciding how to price her products (and making sure she doesn’t underpay herself!).
- Joshua, 11, of Organic Plants Ahoy! + Wiggly Worms, shared that one of the things he loves about owning his own business is seeing people interested in his products.
- And Isabella, 7, founder of Bella’s Workshop, emphasized the importance of starting a business from passion.
We also talked about the 3 Magic Seeds and how they can be a helpful tool for starting a business.
3 Magic Seeds for Starting a Business
- Passion - What do you love?
- Sales - How can you turn what you love into something other people want to buy?
- Profit - If your business is successful, what will you do with the money you earn?