Acton Academy of Washington, DC is a learner-driven community that believes children are far more powerful than you ever imagined. Acton DC students engage in real-world projects, state-of-the-art educational gaming, and Socratic discussions in a multi-age classroom.
Acton Academy of Washington, DC is an independent affiliate of Acton Academy, founded in 2009 in Austin, Texas. Other Acton affiliates are opening/located in Chicago, Los Angeles, Toronto, and London.
Acton DC will open when there is a critical mass of founding families who are committed to creating a learner-driven community for their children in Washington, DC. We are exploring opening in 2018. Interested families should contact us at email@example.com.
Acton Academy of Washington, DC strives to inspire each child and parent who enters our doors to find a calling that will change the world.
We promise that your child will:
- Discover his/her strengths and begin a lifelong journey
- Be a curious, independent learner
- Realize the dedication required to develop real talent
- Understand the importance of character
- Value political, economic, and religious freedom
- Cherish the arts, the wonders of the physical world, and the mystery of life
- Each child has a gift that can change the world in a profound way
- Asking the right questions is more important than simply regurgitating answers
- Students should be in charge of their own learning
- Learning to do and learning to be are as important as learning to know